Xella Technologie- und Forschungsgesellschaft mbH would like to invite you to our one-day scientific technical colloquium on the subject of ‘Mineral building materials for climate-friendly construction’ which will take place on 19 October 2022 at the Humboldt Forum.
Xella develops and manufactures strong brands of innovative building and insulation materials which contribute to the success of construction projects throughout the world. To maintain the pace of progress in this field, Xella is one of the few construction material companies to operate its own Technology and Research Centre (Technologie- und Forschungsgesellschaft –T&F). Here we test and implement ideas, champion innovation and develop smart solutions. Colleagues at two sites near Berlin work hard to ensure that Xella will continue to meet the growing demands for efficient, modern and environmentally sustainable construction in the future.
‘In our sector, sustainability in firmly rooted in our vision of the future. By developing special products and solutions, we are making a positive contribution to advancing a low-carbon, closed-loop and resource-efficient construction industry’, says CEO of Xella Technologie- und Forschungsgesellschaft Torsten Schoch in outlining the main theme of the conference, which aims to shed light on the status quo of an entire industry in terms of sustainability.
Experts from science, research and industry will discuss and present papers on this highly relevant subject from 9:00 till 18:00. The talks will focus on opportunities to decarbonise the construction industry. Individual topics of discussion include:
– Decarbonising autoclaved aerated concrete and calcium silicate units
– Low-carbon and carbon-neutral cement and lime
– Carbon capture and utilisation/storage (CCU/CCS)
– Recycling construction materials
– Urban mining
– Optimising the energy performance of buildings
– Certifying sustainability
– Life cycle analyses
– Production energy optimisation for construction products
Christophe Clemente, CEO Xella Group
Torsten Schoch, CEO Xella Technologie- und Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
Hans-Dieter Hegner, CTO Stiftung Humboldt Forum im Berliner Schloss
will open the technical colloquium.
Prominent speakers will then discuss different aspects of decarbonisation throughout the day. The following speakers are already confirmed:
• Xinjiang Chen, Anhui Keda Industrial Co., Ltd
• Dr-Ing. Wolfgang Eden, Bundesverband Kalksandstein Industrie e.V.
• Prof. Natalie Eßig, Munich University of Applied Sciences
• Prof. Fouad H. Fouad, University of Alabama at Birmingham
• Dr Oliver Kreft, Xella Technologie- und Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
• Prof. Thomas Lützkendorf, Karlsruhe Institute for Technology, Karlsruhe University (TH)
• Dr Alexander Röder, German Institute for Construction and Environment
• Julius Schäufele, Concular GmbH
• Dr Peter Stemmermann, Karlsruhe Institute for Technology
• Dr Volker Thome, Fraunhofer Institute for Building Physics
• Andreas van Briel, Xella Baustoffe GmbH
• Dr Hartmut Walther, Xella Technologie- und Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
The complete programme will be announced shortly.
To register for this English-speaking conference, please email email@example.com.
110 places area available. Entry including the conference package and fringe events is 295,00 euro/person plus VAT.